Feel free to stay in touch with me using any of the following.
Mail me at contact(at)renepfitzner(dot)net. If you have an increased need of privacy, use this pgp key to encrypt your message.
Blog with things-to-remember, some of my thoughts and a few Haikus. Irregularly updated.
- ... needs update
- 2018-02-06 TechTuesday 02/2018: "Net neutrality, NetzDG, nBÜPF & Co."; organizer
- 2017-12-08 ZHAW, Lecture on "Daten und Algorithmen im Medienhaus"; invited speaker; slides
- 2017-12-05 TechTuesday 12/2017: "Blockchain! Again!"; organizer
- 2017-11-23 Panel Big Data - Leadership at Lassalle Institute; invited panelist
- 2017-11-20 Nationale Konferenz "Digitale Schweiz"; invited attendee; presentation of project "NZZ News Companion" in workshop Digitalisierung und Innovation through Michel Benard
- 2017-08-08 TechTuesday 08/2017: "Summer Networking!"; organizer
- 2017-06-06 TechTuesday 06/2017: "WannaCry about the state of IT security?"; organizer
- 2017-05-09 Panel Discussion on "Big Data = Big Possibility = Big Responsibility" at Berlin Media Convention 2017 together with Richard Gutjahr, Dr. Sabine Leutheusser-Schnarrenberger, Prof. Dr. Petra Grimm and Dr. Jyn Schultze-Melling; invited panelist; summary
- 2017-04-28 Panel Discussion on "The power of algorithms: societal, economic and political implications" at Annual Meeting of SACM; invited panelist
- 2017-04-26 University of Zurich, Lecture on "Daten und Algorithmen im Medienhaus" within Lecture "Facetten des Medienwandels" of Prof. Michael Latzer; invited speaker; slides
- 2017-03-29 X-days 2017, Curiosity Session on "Machine Learning and Algorithms for Decision Makers: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"; invited speaker; slides
- 2017-02-07 TechTuesday 02/2017: "Internet Security, Infrastructure & POTUS"; organizer photo
- 2017-01-23 Swiss Big Data User Group: "Data Science and Data Products at NZZ"; invited talk slides photo
- 2016-12-06 TechTuesday 12/2016: "Bots and Virtual Assistants!"; organizer
- 2016-11-02 Panel on Google Digital News Initiative; invited panelist photo stream
- 2016-10-04 TechTuesday 10/2016: "Blockchain!"; organizer photo
- 2016-09-21 Talk at Digital Shift on "Algorithms for Newsmedia"; invited talk photo
- 2016-08-03 TechTuesday 08/2016: "Summer Special!"; organizer photo
- 2016-07-04 Talk at Apache Spark Meetup Zurich on "Spark Summit 2016: Trends and Insights"; invited talk slides
- 2016-06-07 TechTuesday 06/2016: "Virtual/Augmented Reality!"; organizer photo
- 2016-04-05 TechTuesday 04/2016: "Adblockers!"; organizer photo
- 2016-02-02 TechTuesday 02/2016: "Tech 2016!"; organizer photo
- 2015-11-06 Virtual Reality Hackdays; organizer
- < 2015 Talks and posters at various international (academic) conferences. Organized scientific workshops.
Back in 1995 (ish) ...
... something like this is what my webpage would have looked like. I was 10 years old at that time and never heard of the "World Wide Web". Being born in communist GDR and, by 1995, living in a western democracy for as little as five years, my family just got used to having a landline phone at home.
I still remember my first encounter with, and fascination by, an i386 PC in the early 90's, playing Lemmings for hours and hours. My first own computer was a VTech Genius Leader 2000.
I found all games on this machine to be stupid (or more precise: found myself to be too stupid/young to answer questions on world geography) and usually "played" with Basic -- which is how I stumbled into coding.
As is true for many of us, I certainly would have not imagined that the web, and computer technologies in general, would become such an important part of my life and the backbone of modern society.
© René Pfitzner, 2016-2019
Hands down, this site could never be 1995 ...